Speaking about the Mets, I went out to the game on Saturday night. It was the perfect night to go to a ballgame even if the Mets wound up losing. Aaron Heilman really pitched his heart out and I didn’t quite understand why he got lifted by Art Howe when he did - especially when the reliever that came in, Graeme Lloyd, immediately surrendered a bases clearing hit, turning a close game into a laugher.
Then today after the Reds won two out of three from the Mets, they fired Bob Boone and their GM, along with a bunch of coaches (including the guy who used to be the Mets hitting coach). The Mets meanwhile traded Lloyd to the Kansas City Royals for a hard throwing minor leaguer. The house cleaning continues but, I’m thinking next year will be a good year to get a Saturday plan again as I have that weird feeling the Mets are going to have a good scrappy team.
No comments:
Post a Comment